Background

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Bye, Bye Sweaty Baby



The Stroller Fan attached to his car seat handle

Gunnar has been a little fussy in the car the past several weeks.  Whenever I would get him out of his car seat, he was all sweaty.  It has been so hot here in Atlanta with temperatures in the 90's.  I always have the A/C on full blast in the car, but my mini van doesn't have air vents in the back.  He just hasn't been getting enough cool air since his car seat is backwards.  I decided I needed to find him a little fan to help him cool off.  It was tougher than I thought.  First, I wanted something that was battery operated. Second, I wanted something that had a way of clipping to his car seat so it would blow directly on him.  Third, I wanted something that had blades that wouldn't hurt him or the other kids if they touched it.  I was so surprised when I researched fans. I found all these "kid friendly" fans with metal blades.  I read reviews on Amazon, I found that people were saying they were getting cut on them.  Yikes.  I decided to go with a Stroller Fan from One Step Ahead.  I have been so happy with this fan.  It has fulfilled every one of my requirements.  It is operated on 2 AA batteries and has an on/off switch.  I would recommend using rechargeable batteries.  There is a large clip on the end that I attached to the handle of his car seat.  The neck of the fan is flexible as well so I can adjust it.  Lastly, the blades are made out of foam so they won't cut him.  Gunnar stays cool and is much happier in the car and never sweaty.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails