|Grant at 8 months old|
Anyone with children will tell you that you find yourself saying the same things over and over again. It is amazing how quickly they forget that "it's not okay to hit your sister" or "don't talk loudly while Mommy is on the phone". This "selective" memory is really funny to me. I am amazed when Cooper can tell me about going to visit Thomas the Tank Engine when he was 2 1/2, but he can't remember that we "don't stand on the furniture". Hmmm...
If you were a fly on my wall, these are some things you would hear me say all day.
1. "Stop screaming, your Dad is trying to work." (Nathan works from home)
2. "No you can't have a lollipop before you eat your dinner."
3. "Hands to yourself"
4. "Hitting is never okay for any reason."
5. "Clean up your toys when you are done playing with them."
6. "We don't throw food on the floor."
7. "Why are you crying?"
8. "Popcorn is not a meal."
9. "Take turns"
10. "Close the door so your sister doesn't play in the potty."
11. "When was the last time you went to the bathroom?"
12. "Wash your hands after going potty."
13. "Get your finger out of your nose."
14. "What's the problem now?"
15. "Don't touch your brother's bed, he is trying to sleep."
There are just a sampling. There are so many more :) Overall the kids do a pretty good job of getting along, they just need some reminding now and then.
I decided when I was working on Grant's scrapbook to do a page devoted to "The Progression of a Fit". I realized that I have so many great photos of them smiling for the camera. I need some real life ones too. The photo at the top shows Grant at 8 months as happy as can be smiling at the camera. The photos below happened within a matter of minutes. This just had to be documented.
|And so it begins...|
|Uh oh, I am about to hear all about it.|
|And there you have it, he threw himself on the floor.|
|A minute later, he found his sister's sippy cup & all is right in his world.|
What things do you find yourself repeating daily?