Background

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Belated Sentimental Sunday: Grant's Baby Dedication

I spent the majority of today sorting through winter clothes with my Mom.  It is [hopefully] going to be getting cooler here soon since the first day of Fall begins tomorrow.  I am happy to say that we got through 4 out of 5 kid's clothes (whew!).  With that being said, there was no time for taking photos today :(  I decided since I missed Sentimental Sunday this week, I will do a belated version today.

I thought since we just had Gunnar's baby dedication, it would be neat to look back at Grant's baby dedication.  Back in March 2007, we dedicated William "Grant" Martin at our church.  Grant was 3 1/2 months old.  Kindle had just turned 2 the day before.  And Cooper was a little over 4 years old.  We had our family there as well to celebrate Grant's dedication.


Our Pastor, Marc Lawson, has dedicated all 5 of our kids.  Here is everyone praying a blessing over Grant.  He was so happy as always.  We gave him the nickname "Smiley" as a baby because he was so joyful all of the time.



After the baby dedication, we went to the same Mexican restaurant, Tecali Grille, that we went to after Gunnar's dedication (we love it, can you tell?).

My Grandparents

My niece, Ella (she is one month older than Grant)

Kindle had just learned to say "Guess what...Chicken Butt!"  She thought she was hilarious.
Here is a video where I was trying to get Kindle to say "Guess what..Chicken Butt!", of course she saw the camera and just kept saying "Cheese" instead :)


It's so hard to believe that this was 3 1/2 years ago and now 2 more children have been dedicated since Grant was the "baby of the family".  It is nice to look back and remember what life was like with 3 little ones :)

3 comments:

  1. i think i took those pictures at the dedication. wow, look what two years did to cooper! big kid now. i can't believe grant was that small, time, where does it go?

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww... i remember the "Guess what... Chicken butt!" phase! that was so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what beautiful children! i came over from adventuresinbabywearing...your comment about travelling and having 5 kids ages 7 and under got me :) i have 4 kids...my oldest just turned 8 and we are missionaries in Mexico...so we travel a lot...here, and in the states...and it is SO worth it! So I just wanted to stop by and encourage you to do it when you get the chance!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails