Background

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Saturday's Activities and Cooper Leads His First Bible Study

Yesterday, we had a super busy day so I was unable to blog.  I took Kindle to ballet to do a make up class because of Labor Day on Monday.  Then, I went to a scrapbooking crop at Amber's House.  I spent a lot of the time picking out the items I want to order from the new catalog from Creative Memories.  I can't wait to get some of the cool papers and stickers.  Nathan watched the children, so I was by myself.  Woo Hoo!

Then, we went to dinner with our friends, Isaac and Josette.  It was Isaac's birthday yesterday and Josette's a couple of weeks ago.  My Mom watched the older 4 so we just had Gunnar.  We ate at Village Tavern in Alpharetta.  I got the Chicken Marsala.  It was very, very yummy!

Josette & Isaac
Gunnar did extremely well.  He didn't make a peep.  I thought for sure he would fall asleep, but he stayed awake the whole time.  I guess he didn't want to miss out on any of the excitement.


We had a great time!

This morning, Nathan was leading worship at our church.  When he leads worship, I usually stay at home since I am nursing and end up watching all of the kids in the nursing Mom's room while he is singing.  Typically the church offers free live webstreaming, so we watch Nathan sing from home.  It is great because I can nurse and put Gunnar down for a nap while the kids and I are worshipping.  This morning, however, the webstreaming wasn't working.  We were pretty bummed.  We ended up turning on a couple Hillsong songs and we worshipped to that instead.  Most mornings, we do that as a family (we just change up our song list) so the kids were okay with doing that.  Usually after we listen to worship music, we will do a quick bible study together.  Nathan typically picks a verse or two to read to the kids.  Then, we talk about how it practically applies to their lives.  We have gone through Proverbs and gone over most of the more popular bible stories as well as several other verses.  This morning, Cooper asked if he could lead bible study so I said sure.  He got his Bible out and shared these verses with us:

Philippians 2:14-15
 14Do everything without complaining or arguing, 15so that you may become blameless and pure, children of God without fault in a crooked and depraved generation, in which you shine like stars in the universe

Colossians 3:23
  23Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men

Ephesians 6:1
 1Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right.


He then explained what the verses meant to us.  He gave examples of what complaining and arguing are.  He also gave examples of things that they can do as unto the Lord like their schoolwork and chores.  He also explained to them that obeying Mommy and Daddy is very important so that you can live a long and happy life.  He also told him that it is one of the 10 Commandments.  I was very proud!


3 comments:

  1. Hi there! We are stopping by from Psychedelic Sundays, and are now following you =} What a lovely family you have!

    Hope you will stop by and visit us at www.justmarriedwithcoupons.com

    Have a lovely Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Newest follower from psychedelic sundays! God has blessed you with an adorable family!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails