Background

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

A Week of Firsts: Gunnar Rolls Over & Kindle Goes to the Dentist







Gunnar figured out last week how to roll over from his tummy to his back.  I keep finding him in the mornings flipped over.  He is so happy when he wakes up in the morning because he is proud of himself that he flipped over.  However, at 4:30 am last night when he flipped himself over, he was not happy at all. I went in there and flipped him back and he went right back to sleep :)  I got a picture of him when he was waking up from his nap this afternoon to show him flipped over.  He was still a bit sleepy, but you get the idea :)
This is his "why are you flashing the camera in my face, I just woke up" look.

In other news, Cooper and Kindle have a dentist appointment tomorrow morning.  This will be Kindle's first time at the dentist office.  She has been very nervous about going.  So, I went to the library and picked up a couple of books about going to the dentist.  We read them this past week and have been really talking it up.



Cooper on the other hand LOVES going to the dentist, so he has been doing a daily countdown till he gets to go.  I can completely understand why he loves it.  We go to Children's Dentistry in Woodstock.

Taken last year
The office is decorated to look like a jungle.  They have a indoor playhouse for kids to play on.  They also have free video games (Xbox 360, PS2, etc.) and free arcade games the kids can play while they wait.
Video games while waiting last year
When you are getting your teeth cleaned, the kids have a TV on the ceiling that is playing a kids movie.  You get a free toothbrush, toothpaste and dental floss.  After you see the dentist, you get gold coins to use in their vending machines that have prizes like balls, stickers, jewelry, etc.  What kid wouldn't like all that stuff???
Picking out his prizes last year
Getting his teeth cleaned by the hygentist
Cooper has been really talking the dentist up to Kindle.  He even told her he would hold her hand while she has her teeth cleaned.  I thought that was so sweet.  I told him that they probably wouldn't let him do that since he should be having his teeth cleaned at the same time, but I appreciated that he offered.  

Getting x-rays last year
Nathan will be taking him so I don't have to bring Gunnar along.  I think all should go well.  I told him to please *try* to remember to take pictures while he is there.  We shall see if that happens or not tomorrow....

No cavities last year

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails